Simple Protein Bars
Here is a really simple protein bar recipe that is easy to make, tasty & stretches your protein powder further.
The credit here is due to Justin of 70sbig who wrote a post about a protein batter snack. I just figured that I'm going to make bars of them.
- Whole tub of peanut butter(300g)
- ~25g of decent 'REAL' Butter(grass fed & 100% from milk)
- 75g Protein powder(of a flavour you like)
- 25g creatine monohydrate
- ~5-15g Cinnamon
- Tbsp of Honey
Spoon out the contents of a tub of peanut butter.
Add the knob of butter.
Microwave for a minute.
Mix the warm peanut butter & butter together, it should be a soupy consistency.
Now add the dry ingredients. Cinnamon.
Strawberry flavoured protein powder.
Mix the dry ingredients until you get a thick paste, it should have the consistency and mould-ability of dough.
Line a tray with tinfoil & pack your mixture in tight.
Now let your mixture cool & set. Put it in the fridge or freezer; it wont take very long, 10-30 minutes.
I split this mixture into 5 bars, you can divvy it up any way you like.
- Note that the macronutrient profile will vary slightly depending on the protein powder you use(mine has a couple grams of carbs(low) per 30g scoop) as well as the peanut butter and other ingredients.
- Per Bar(1/5th of the mixture)
- 502 Calories
- 30g Protein
- 10g Carbs
- 37g Fat
- For the whole mixture
- 2511 Calories
- 150g Protein
- 50g Carbs
- 185g Fat
You can add whatever you like to the key ingredients depending on your taste. Melt some dark chocolate and ground Brazil nuts on top, dried fruit, oats etc. For up/down-scaling the mixture, the basic principles are: 1 x 30g scoop of protein per 100g of peanut butter, butter x 10% of the peanut butters weight.